The course is taught in eight 2 hours sessions and a day of silent practice, and includes:-
- guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices and mindful movement
- an opportunity to explore your experiences with these practices through group dialogue, to support learning and understanding
- a short breathing practice to use in times of stress
- theoretical teaching
- home practice of meditations and weekly suggestions for ways of integrating mindfulness into daily life
- CDs with guided meditation for home practice and weekly handouts to support learning
Participation is always at your own level of comfort
About the Home Practice
- Mindfulness is more a way of being than a technique and it is the regular daily practice (30-40 minutes) that increases the likelihood of being able to use mindfulness when times are particularly tough.
- By committing to the daily practice, at least for the duration of the course, you give yourself the best opportunity to experience a difference in how you relate to what is happening in your life. You may be surprised!
Mindfulness for Living Well with Cancer – A new 8 week course for the cancer charity Yes to Life.
Dates: 2nd May to 27th June
. (excluding 30th May for half term)
Time: Tuesday 2.00pm-4.00 pm
day: Sat 17th June
Venue: The Yoga Barn, North Oxford
Course Fees: £250 including CDs and weekly handouts
. Concessions available
To book a place: For more information and to book a place please visit:
There will be an opportunity to talk about any concerns you may have which will help in deciding if it’s the right course for you or the right time to be embarking on it. It is a challenging but at the same time life-enhancing course.
Introductory workshops are perfect for people who wish to find out more about mindfulness or are considering committing to an eight week course.
Half or full-day, introducing participants to mindfulness and how it might be helpful when
living with cancer, including some of the scientific evidence for its effectiveness. A taster of some of the core practices is central to the day and an opportunity to ask questions and talk about ways to start developing a meditation practice.