The course is taught in eight 2 hours sessions and a day of silent practice, and includes:-
- guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices and mindful movement
- an opportunity to explore your experiences with these practices through group dialogue, to support learning and understanding
- a short breathing practice to use in times of stress
- theoretical teaching
- home practice of meditations and weekly suggestions for ways of integrating mindfulness into daily life
- CDs with guided meditation for home practice and weekly handouts to support learning
Participation is always at your own level of comfort
About the Home Practice
- Mindfulness is more a way of being than a technique and it is the regular daily practice (30-40 minutes) that increases the likelihood of being able to use mindfulness when times are particularly tough.
- By committing to the daily practice, at least for the duration of the course, you give yourself the best opportunity to experience a difference in how you relate to what is happening in your life. You may be surprised!